12 Point Attic Checklist
FIRST STEP COMFORT CHECK
12-Point Attic Energy Evaluation
- Determine the type, depth, quality of installation and condition of your current attic insulation.
- Measure all attic surfaces including attic ceiling, knee-walls, slopes and domed ceilings.
- Measure and determine the R-value (insulation value) of each of those surfaces, as well as the R-value of your duct system.
- Examine all attic ductwork for air leaks and insulation. (If applicable)
- Examine the attic access entrances for air leaks and insulation value.
- Examine all attic air leaks including:
- Open chase ways into the attic
- Drop down soffits
- Wiring, plumbing, HVAC penetrations
- Wall top plates
- Recessed can lights
- Bathroom vent fans
- Examine whole house attic fan for air leaks and insulation value. (If applicable)
- Examine all ventilation devices including bathroom, dryer and/or kitchen vents for proper ventilation.
- Examine attic ventilation of soffit, ridge and gable vents for proper ventilation.
- Examine all flues for safety, code and manufacturers violations.
- Evaluate attic debris and conditions for insulation and/or debris removal.
- Evaluate attic conditions for durability issues such water damage, humidification moisture, mold, rodent, pest or insect damage.
What You Get
Upon completion of the FIRST STEP COMFORT CHECK Energy Evaluation you will receive pictures of comfort and energy efficiency related issues your home may be suffering from. Included are:
- Printed pictures with detailed descriptions of issues
- Recommendations for improvements
- Options for home energy improvements
- Detailed pricing and scope of work
- Return-on-investment information
- Financing options
Click here to contact us if you're in the Kansas City or Springfield, MO area and are interested in our 12-Point Attic Energy Evaluation.